Personal data we collect
Alphatots may collect personal identification information from you as a customer or ‘user’ of our website, in a variety of ways such as when you book a class, email/call us, fill out a form, or in connection with other features on our website. This may include your contact details, names and dates of birth of children attending Alphatots classes, credit card details, and any other information that is relevant to your booking or communication with us. We will collect such personal identification information only when it is voluntarily submitted to us. Users are not obliged to supply personally identification information, though it may prevent advance bookings for classes or other communications with us.
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Other anonymous information collected by third parties connected to our website are not controlled or processed by Alphatots.
Why and how we use your personal data
We request personal data from you for the following three reasons:
1. As part of our contractual requirements in providing you with the service of advance bookings for Alphatots classes, including to:
· make appropriate class arrangements
· inform you of class arrangements
· let you know about any changes to booking requirements.
2. To provide you with marketing information (such as notifications of discounts and new classes launching) and / or newsletters – we will only do this if you have explicitly consented to opt in to such communications.
3. To ensure that we only use photographs of you and your children in our marketing materials when we have received specific consent from you (or from the child’s parent/guardian when this is not the person making the booking) to do so.
4. To improve the website experience for visitors and to monitor website traffic.
How we store your data and for how long
We store your personal information on secure encrypted electronic systems. Any hard-copy paper copies of your information are kept securely locked and shredded within six months. Data held on portable devices is protected with secure passwords to prevent against accidental loss or destruction. We will stop processing your data after five years.
In some instances, a third party handles your data in order for Alphatots run our website, to process online bookings, and handle electronic payments. In some instances, for example with Stripe online payments and our website provider Wix, this involves transfer of your data outside of the EEA. We will never pass your details to a third party for marketing purposes. These organisations may change over time. At Alphatots we ensure that any third parties we engage with are compliant with General Data Protection Regulation.
Your right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent for receiving communications from Alphatots, or to request Alphatots as the data controller to access, restrict, rectify, erase, or in any other way stop processing your data, at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07838 541 108. To withdraw your consent from other organisations we are partnered with, such as Class4Kids or Stripe, please see their websites for their contact details.
If you are not satisfied with how Alphatots has processed your personal data or responded to a communication with you about it, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Officer at https://ico.org.uk